12.5(L) x 5(W) x 8.3(H)
Children of 6 months old to 8 years old
Product Registration / Notification
Forlax 4g is a sachet of powder for oral solution in sachet.The content is almost white powder with an odour and taste of orange grapefruit. Each box contains 20 sachets.
Forlax® 4g is indicated for symptomatic treatment of constipation in children from 6 months to 8 years.
From 6 months to 1 year: 1 sachet (4 g) per day.
From 1 to 4 years: 1 to 2 sachets (4 to 8 g) per day.
From 4 to 8 years: 2 to 4 sachets (8 to 16 g) per day.
The daily dose should be adapted to the expected clinical effects.
Forlax® may interfere with the absorption of other drugs if administered simultaneously.
Generally, it is better to take Forlax® at least 2 hours apart from other products.
– Severe inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease) or toxic megacolon,
– Digestive perforation or risk of digestive perforation,
– Ileus or suspicion of intestinal obstruction, symptomatic stenosis,
– Painful abdominal syndromes of indeterminate cause,
– Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients.
– Does not contain a significant quantity of sugar or polyol and can be prescribed to diabetic patients or patients on a galactose-free diet.
– An organic disorder should have been ruled out by the doctor, especially in the age group under 2 years, before initiation of treatment.
– Forlax® should remain temporary adjuvant treatment to appropriate lifestyle and dietary management of constipation, with a maximum 3-month treatment course for paediatric population.
Ingredient / Content
Macrogol 4000 - 4g in each sachet
How To Use
Forlax® is taken orally.
- The contents of each sachet should be dissolved in about 50 ml of water just before administration.
- The treatment will be taken in the morning in case of 1 sachet per day, or split among morning and evening in case of more than one sachet per day."