5(L) x 5(W) x 11.5(H)
Can be use for all age
Product Registration / Notification
Homecare Lactul Solution 100ml
Good for the treatment of constipation and hepatic encephalopathy.
Relief Of Constipation
Hepatic encephalopathy: 30-50ml three times daily, subsequently adjusted to produce 2-3 soft stools daily.
In acute cases, a retention enema is given in a proportion of 300ml lactulose to 700ml water, the enema is retained for 30 to 60 minutes, repeated every 4 to 6 hours until the patient is able to take oral medication.
1) Lactulose contains galactose and lactose, it should be used with caution in diabetics.
2) Since Lactulose contains lactose (<1.2g / 15ml) it should be used with caution in patients with lactose intolerance.
3) Use in pregnancy and lactation: Reproduction studies in rats and teratologic experiments in both mice and rats did not reveal significant effects on conception, gestation, litter size, or incidence of malformations.
However, the use of lactulose during pregnancy requires that the potential benefits be weighed against the potential risks. It is not known whether this drug is excreted in human milk. Caution should be exercised when it is administered to a nursing woman.
Ingredient / Content
Lactulose 670mg/ml (Sodium benzonate as preservative 0.1%)
How To Use
Dosage/Direction for Use:
– Constipation Adult 15-30 mL daily. Maintenance: 10-15 mL daily
– Children 6-12 yr 20 mL daily, 1-5 yr 10 mL daily, <1 yr 5 mL daily
– Hepatic encephalopathy 30-50 mL tds, adjusted to produce 2-3 soft stools daily
– In acute cases, a retention enema is given in a proportion of 300 mL lactulose to 700 mL water, the enema is retained for 30-60 min & repeated 4-6 hourly until patient is able to take oral medication