Suitable for people with limited mobility, post-surgery patient or joint problems
For short-term usage
Mobilis Foldable Commode with Bucket Cm899 has a foldable powder coated steel frame. The pot can be removed and stored separately, and it comes with a cover. It is easy to carry & store and it has molded plastic backrest and armrest.
Features of Mobilis Foldable Commode with Bucket:
- Removable pot, and it comes with a cover.
- 18″ wide seat
- Height 45CM
- Foldable powder coated steel frame
- Molded plastic backrest and armrest
- Easy Carry & Storage
How to transfer to commode chair
- Firstly, make sure your loved one’s feet aren’t crossed as he or she prepares to use the restroom.
- Before standing, have the person lean forward. If necessary, assist him or her in standing. With both arms, the person can assist in pushing.
- Next, assist the person in turning slowly and stepping back to sit on the commode.
- When your loved one sits down, make sure they don’t lose their balance or tip the commode.
How to use commode chair
- Ensure that the container is tucked beneath the seat.
- Before using the container, fill it with a small amount of water. This makes cleaning the container later much easier.
- Assist the person in getting out of bed and onto the toilet. If necessary, wear a gait belt.
- Keep an eye on the person for safety reasons, or give them a bell to ring when they are finished or require assistance.
What to do after using a commode chair
- If necessary, assist your loved one in wiping. Cleaning with wet wipes may be more effective than with toilet paper.
- If you assist your loved one in wiping, change your gloves if they are soiled. Some people prefer to wipe with long-handled wipes on their own.
- Assist your loved one in getting off the toilet. Slowly turn your loved one back to the bed or chair, and then sit.
- Pour the contents of the commode bucket into the toilet.
- Using a disinfectant diluted with water, rinse and wash the commode bucket or basin. Allow the commode to air dry.
Click here to learn more about Commode chair and Shower Chair