Children of 2 years old & above
Terms & Conditions applied.
Free Gifts are with first come first serve basis.
*Free Gifts are with while stocks lasts.
*We reserve the right to update or change the Terms at any time without prior notice.
Product Registration / Notification
Smecta® 3g Strawberry is a sachet of powder for oral suspension. Each box contains 12 sachets.
The product is packed in soft, flat sachet. The content is presented as greyish-white to ochre powder, with slightly reminiscent odour of strawberry (before and after reconstituted).
Smecta® is indicated for:
– Treatment of acute diarrhoea in adults and children above 2 years, in addition to oral rehydration
– Symptomatic treatment of chronic functional diarrhoea in adults
– Symptomatic treatment of pain associated with functional bowel diseases in adults
Treatment of Acute Diarrhoea
In children of 2 years of age and above: 4 sachets per day for 3 days, then 2 sachets per day for 4 days.
In adults: On average, 3 sachets per day for 7 days. In practice, the daily dose can be doubled at the start of treatment.
In adults: An average of 3 sachets a day
As the adsorbent properties of this product may interfere with the absorption times and/or rates of other substances, it is recommended not to administer any other drugs at the same time as SMECTA® (more than 2 hours, if possible)
– Pregnancy and lactation.
– Infants and children below 2 years
– Hypersensitivity to diosmectite or one of the excipients
– Used with care in patients with a history of severe chronic constipation.
– In children above 2 years, acute diarrhoea must be treated in conjunction with early administration of an ORS.
– The chronic use of Smecta® should be avoided.
– Keep up food intake while the diarrhoea persists: excluding some foods, especially raw vegetables and fruit, green vegetables, spicy dishes as well as frozen food or drinks; or preferring grilled meat and rice.
Ingredient / Content
Diosmectite - 3g in each sachet
How To Use
Smecta 3g Strawberry is taken orally.
1. Mix the entire content of the sachet in 50 ml of water.
2. Stir the mixture thoroughly until the powder is fully dissolved.
3. Drink the suspension immediately.