Suitable for people with limited mobility, post surgery patient or joint problems
AHC/MERS COMMODE CHAIR CM898 (GREY) W/BUCKET has a foldable painted steel frame for easy storage and transportation, as well as a solid plastic toilet seat and a cover. The pot can be easily removed by raising the seat (as if it were a regular toilet seat) and lifting it out. It does not slide in from the back like other models, and it can be folded up and left on the commode to make transportation and carrying easier.
Features of AHC/MERS COMMODE CHAIR CM898:
- Foldable painted steel frame for easy storage & transportation
- Solid plastic toilet seat and cover
- Seat size: 45cm x 37cm x 39cm
- Nett weight: 2.3kg
- Load capacity: 75kg
- Lightweight and folds easily
- 5 Litre pan with lid
How to transfer to commode chair
- Make sure your loved one’s feet aren’t crossed as he or she prepares to use the restroom.
- Before standing, have the person lean forward. If necessary, assist him or her in standing. With both arms, the person can assist in pushing.
- Assist the person in turning slowly and stepping back to sit on the commode.
- When your loved one sits down, make sure they don’t lose their balance or tip the commode.
How to use commode chair
- Lock the commode chair’s wheels.
- Ensure that the container is tucked beneath the seat.
- Before using the container, fill it with a small amount of water. This makes cleaning the container later much easier.
- Assist the person in getting out of bed and onto the toilet. If necessary, wear a gait belt.
- Keep an eye on the person for safety reasons, or give them a bell to ring when they are finished or require assistance.
What to do after using a commode chair
- If necessary, assist your loved one in wiping. Cleaning with wet wipes may be more effective than with toilet paper.
- If you assist your loved one in wiping, change your gloves if they are soiled. Some people prefer to wipe with long-handled wipes on their own.
- Assist your loved one in getting off the toilet. Slowly turn your loved one back to the bed or chair, and then sit.
- Pour the contents of the commode bucket into the toilet.
- Using a disinfectant diluted with water, rinse and wash the commode bucket or basin. Allow the commode to air dry.
Click here to Read more about Commode Chair & Shower Chair.